Thursday, February 23, 2012

I have identified all the easy species, and now when I find a moss or a mushroom or a liverwort, naming the species can involve extensive homework.  By the time I get to species number 365, I will be spending five hours at books and computers for every hour in the park.  I am hoping that Project Noah will help, but so far it hasn't.  My identification requests haven't caught the attention of the right person.  I definitely wouldn't say no to some help on this project. 

I am working on an idea, a contest called Find The Eagle at Eagle Landing Park.  I will invite people to join Project Noah and help me reach my goal of 365 species.  Whoever finds the most species would win a silver eagle coin, an ounce of silver worth about $35 to $50.  Besides helping me identify the species and write this biography, such a contest would hopefully attract more nature lovers to the park, improving the percentages.  Today, I only saw five people in the park, two young men followed by three young men, secretive, looking suspicious, and heading toward a secluded corner of the park.  Perhaps they were members of a poetry club. 

No comments:

Post a Comment